AGB Nielsen Philippines conducted the overnight ratings among Mega Manila households.
Zaido's 34.6 percent rating was impressive enough to grab the second spot overall, while Lastikman's 30.3 percent was only good for sixth overall. Lastikman's figure was not even the highest for the Kapamilya network last night since its primetime newscast, TV Patrol World, posted a slightly higher 30.4 percent rating to grab the fifth spot.
Lastikman's direct competitor, Mga Mata ni Anghelita, also rated higher last night with 31 percent; although Zaido was still on the air when Lastikman started airing.
Marimar, meanwhile, dropped to fourth place with its 30.5 percent rating. ABS-CBN's usual top-rater, Kokey, also dropped to seventh place by virtue of its 29.2 percent rating.
The rest of the Top 10 were occupied by Jumong (23.9 percent), Pangarap na Bituin (23 percent), and Ysabella (19 percent).
Meanwhile, the daytime viewing became exciting as some transferees and new shows made their presence felt. Kris Aquino's game show, Kapamilya Deal Or No Deal, placed second overall with 23.5 percent, behind Meteor Garden's 24.8 percent. Deal Or No Deal moved from primetime to pre-primetime starting yesterday with Piolo Pascual as its first celebrity contestant.
The new Koreanovela Couple Or Trouble, which replaced Foxy Lady, had an impressive debut with 20.7 percent to land in fourth place. The longest-running noontime show Eat Bulaga! was in third place with 20.8 percent rating.
GMA-7's Dramarama Sa Hapon block occupied the fifth to seventh place: Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap, 20.2 percent; Daisy Siete, 18.7 percent; and Pasan Ko ang Daigdig, 18.6 percent.
ABS-CBN's noontime show, Wowowee, dropped to ninth spot with its 17.9 percent rating, just behind Pilipinas Game KNB's 18.2 percent.
Here are the Top 10 daytime and primetime shows yesterday, September 24:
1. Meteor Garden (GMA-7) - 24.8%
2. Kapamilya Deal Or No Deal (ABS-CBN) - 23.5%
3. Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) - 20.8%
4. Couple Or Trouble (GMA-7) - 20.7%
5. Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap (GMA-7) - 20.2%
6. Daisy Siete (GMA-7) - 18.7%
7. Pasan Ko ang Daigdig (GMA-7) - 18.6%
8. Pilipinas Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) - 18.2%
9. Wowowee (ABS-CBN) - 17.9%
10. Pinoy Movie Hits (ABS-CBN) - 15%
1. 24 Oras (GMA-7) - 35.2%
2. Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan (GMA-7) - 34.6%
3. Mga Mata Ni Anghelita (GMA-7) - 31%
4. Marimar (GMA-7) - 30.5%
5. TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) - 30.4%
6. Lastikman (ABS-CBN) - 30.3%
7. Kokey (ABS-CBN) - 29.2%
8. Jumong (GMA-7) - 23.9%
9. Pangarap Na Bituin (ABS-CBN) - 23%
10. Ysabella (ABS-CBN) - 19%
Source: AGB Nielsen Philippines