Kapuso Mo Sa Bawat Tagumpay Ng Buhay!: ABS-CBN Claim Doubted?

Kapuso Mo Sa Bawat Tagumpay Ng Buhay!

Feel the Fun... Feel the Love... This website is dedicated to GMA Network Kapuso and to all our fellow Kapuso around the world. We want to represent not only the Kapuso in the Philippines but all of our Kapuso abroad.

Monday, November 13, 2006

ABS-CBN Claim Doubted?

ABS-CBN CLAIM DOUBTED ABS-CBN is on a festive mood for the last few days and all fingers point to the recently released Television Audience Measurement (TAM) survey by AGB Nielsen where ABS-CBN reportedly got the better of its closest competitor GMA Network. TAM survey results, which cover 90% of the total urban population in the country, show ABS-CBN leading GMA in the Visayas and Mindanao regions. GMA, on the other hand, is ahead of ABS-CBN in Luzon . But a much closer look at the figures reveals another side to the story, which is a far cry to that of ABS-CBN claiming nationwide ratings supremacy. Apparently, 76% of the entire viewing population is located in Luzon where GMA is still the undisputed leading station, while Visayas accounts for only 14% and Mindanao a measly 10%. In the Metro cities alone, the TAM survey shows ABS-CBN leading GMA in Metro Cebu, Iloilo, and Metro Davao, while GMA maintains its dominance only in Metro Manila. Interestingly, Metro Manila accounts for 80% of the total TV homes and the remaining 20% is still divided between Metro Cebu, Iloilo and Metro Davao. With these data, an industry observer says there seems to be no basis to ABS-CBN’s claim that they are the leading network in the country since they only lead in areas where the TV population is undoubtedly smaller than that of GMA Network.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Regine Velasquez -...